This program is for stone sculptors with experience who wish to work alongside a professional artist in a working studio. This is not a workshop, but rather practical studio time with Michael, working on your own projects while learning tips and tricks. This is your opportunity to glean valuable information about carving stone in a project-based format, akin to a practicum.
How exactly does this work?
Mentor Mondays will only run during selected months of the year. During these months, each Monday morning session will run 9:00am to 12:00pm, and the afternoon will run 1:00pm to 4:00pm. You can choose 4 sessions through the month. For example, you can choose a morning AND afternoon session for 2 Mondays, or 4 morning sessions, one every week.
Michael will limit Mondays to 2 people per session to ensure he gives adequate individual attention. Scheduling is based on first come, first serve after payment is received.
You can start a new project, or bring an existing one that you want help with. But bring your creativity and enthusiasm and let’s make dust!
- compressed air
- work station and table
- fatigue mat for standing on
- dust collection
- access to Michael’s tools
What To Bring
- your sculpture
- your tools
- adequate work clothing
- safety protection, especially eye, ear, breathing
- $650.00 per month (4 sessions) + GST
- Sessions cannot carry over to subsequent months.
- Unused, no-shows and/or cancelled sessions are non-refundable
- March, April, May, September or October 2021